The Overkill 2017
27-10-6:00 pm/29-10-6:00 pm€11,5
The Overkill is an unique 48-hour non-stop annual event which explores and celebrates the gaming culture.
It is a playful event hosting a great variety of digital culture. Linking video games to the movies that inspired them, showing art that finds its origin in game technologies, music that links games to movies and talks that explore these connections.
The Overkill Festival takes you to the digital media underground. We create links and connections between known and obscure media through time and place. We show you the source and the roots of today’s media culture and provide just enough information to let you comfortably dwell on your own, meeting new people and finding new routes in the digital landscape.
The Overkill Festival is a meeting place for anyone interested in video games, media art, underground movies and all other forms of digital culture outside the mainstream grid.
Open Friday 27-10 at 18:00 until Sunday 18:00
Location: the formal hospital of Medisch Spectrum Twente: Ariënsplein 1, 7513 AB Enschede
Program and tickets:
art / video games / board games / film program / music / aMAZing location in the old hospital building of Enschede
– Take over MASTERCLASS with Sylvain Tegroeg from Hiddenfolks, Vergine Keaton, animation director and Alvaro Valls, Mixed media artist (in Collaboration with AKI)
– Friday Opening night with CHIPTUNE LIVE with
Xyce / Roccow / Men of Mega & Eindbaas DJ
– GAME JAM (on invite, in collaboration with Conceptlicious, Saxion UT and Wirelab)
– Saturday afternoon MODULAR SYNTHESiZER, wall drawing with kaka sjanel, Teen Hackathon (organised by Garage 2020)
– Interdisciplinary SYMPOSIUM on Sunday (with Lilith Zone among other)